We have many ways for you to make a difference! Below are brief descriptions of some of our more popular volunteer roles:
- Driver Escorts provide escorted transportation to medical appointments using their own vehicle.
- Shoppers provide list, group or escorted trips to the grocery store. Volunteers shop and carry as needed.
- Garden Volunteers help maintain the Kitchen Garden by sowing seeds, weeding, harvesting, assisting with seasonal clean-ups and a variety of other tasks as needed.
- Kitchen Volunteers help prepare Meals on Wheels in our Tender Loving Care Kitchen by cutting vegetables, helping to keep things tidy and cooking with our chef.
- Meals on Wheels Drivers deliver hot and frozen meals to clients’ homes on a route over the lunch hour, Monday to Friday.
- Community Dining Drivers provide clients with transportation to one of our community dining locations. Afterwards the volunteer drives the client back home. They can choose to stay and assist with serving food or can just drop off and pick up the client.
- Fundraising Volunteers help with many of the aspects of our key fundraising events, both leading up to and on the day of the event.
- Telephone Reassurance Callers make daily ‘check in’ phone calls to provide a friendly contact at a designated time of the day.
- Exercise Instructors lead free group gentle exercise classes at community locations, or one on one sessions in a client’s home to help them maintain mobility and independence.