Exercise Volunteers are needed!
Our exercise volunteers lead one-on-one and group programs. Our one-on-one program, FAB FIT, helps housebound seniors and adults with disabilities enhance and maintain functional fitness and mobility, while decreasing the risk of falls and other preventable injuries. Our group WALC classes focus on aerobics, strength training, balance, and flexibility. Training and mentoring are provided for both programs so volunteers are confident in delivering the specific exercise routine. No previous exercise instructor experience required. Flexible hours with a variety of times and locations.
If you are interested in:
- – gaining hands-on experience working with older adults;
- – keeping seniors and/or disabled adults active and engaged in the community;
- – improving participants’ abilities to participate in activities of daily living;
- – helping lessen health complications associated with aging; and/or
- – helping seniors and adults with disabilities maintain their independence