To assist older adults in accessing technology, improve their digital literacy and allow them to participate in virtual programs/activities to reduce social isolation. This program allows clients to borrow an iPad and provides information on how to sign up for free technology training programs.
Who Can Benefit
Clients interested in and/or currently participating in our virtual programs (Virtual Exercise, Friendly Connections, Friendly Visiting, and Caregiver Support) who do not currently have the technology to access our virtual programming.
- To sign-up, call our office or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be connected with one of our Community Connectors.
- Clients must be accessing at least one eligible service with us.
- Clients must agree to the terms of the lending agreement, including a $10.00 refundable deposit (refunded after device returned).
- Loan period is three months.
- Clients will be able to access limited apps.
- A short user guide and information about free resources and training in the community will be provided.
- Clients can ask to be matched with a Digital Literacy Guide. Digital Literacy Guides provide support in-person or over the phone to help clients learn how to use their iPad.