These classes are great for day to day life. They really improve the quality of life as you get older. I’m 89 years old now, and I wouldn’t be without these programs.
Who can benefit?
People who have limited alternatives to get their groceries and need the service to live independently in their own homes.
Have a caring volunteer drive you to the grocery store, and help you pick up what you need. Or, send them your list of grocery needs, and they’ll deliver them right to your door!
Simply call our office to arrange a convenient intake appointment. We will set you up on the service that is the best fit for you. From there, you just call our office whenever you need to shop and we will arrange a time with one of our dedicated drivers.
- Shopping options are available in Cambridge, Kitchener, and North Dumfries.
- If you live in Waterloo, we can connect you to Waterloo Home Support’s shopping program.
- There are fees for this service. Please see the fees page for pricing information.
We are honoured to have our Grocery Shopping program be awarded the Gold distinction for Grocery Pick-up and Delivery in the Record Readers’ Choice Awards!
- How can I pay for my groceries?
- You can provide us upfront with cash. This option allows our shoppers to shop at your closest preferred brand of the grocery store.
- You can pay after the shop by credit card, E-transfer, or pre-authorized payment. This option allows our shoppers to shop at the closest No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore, Zehrs, Freshco, or Food Basics.
- I use your list shopping program. Why am I being billed multiple times per month?
- If you are signed up for pre-authorized payments. Community Support Connections is purchasing your groceries on our credit first, and we are billing you for the cost of your groceries the Tuesday in the week following your shop.
- Clients are also billed a service fee of $9.00-$27.00 per shop, which is billed separately at the end of each month.
- Canada is eliminating the use of plastic grocery bags by 2024. What are you doing to bag groceries?
- When shopping, our shoppers are usually going to the store first.
- Our shoppers have access to their own reusable bags to carry your groceries from the store to your home.
- They will unpack your groceries onto your counter or into your home.