Because Everyone Can Use a Hand Sometimes
At Community Support Connections we are always looking for caring and compassionate people to help us fulfill our mission.
Whether you have a wide open schedule or only a lunch hour to commit, we have an opportunity for you! Our volunteers help support our diverse client base live at home with independence and dignity.
You can lend us a helping hand in the following ways:
• Volunteer to deliver a hot, nutritious meal through our Meals on Wheels program that runs Monday to Friday over the lunch hour
• Volunteer to drive a client to their medical appointments, to the bank, or to get their groceries
• Volunteer to be a friend or companion to a client who is mostly homebound by playing a game of checkers or sitting outside together
• Volunteer to help others feel good, get out more, and improve their physical health by leading or assisting at one of our 90 exercise classes
• Volunteer by chopping vegetables or packaging homemade desserts in our Meals on Wheels kitchen
How Do You Become Involved?
The first step is to fill out an online application form. Someone from our Volunteer Team will reach out within two business days to set up a time to meet and find the perfect fit for you! We will look at your interests, background, and availability to find a position that speaks to you. There are different training and screening requirements based on the position you choose. We will give you all the coaching you need to become a successful volunteer.
Volunteering during the Pandemic
The response from our Community to help during this time has been awe-inspiring! We want you to know from the bottom of our hearts that we are truly thankful that you have reached out to our organization. Currently, we are able to run some of our most essential programs with strict precautions like our Meals on Wheels, and virtually like our friendly visiting program. We are also in the process of working on protocols for other programs to reopen shortly. The safety of our volunteers and our clients are of upmost importance to us as we navigate this new world. Please see our application form for the most up-to-date information on volunteer opportunities available for you right now.
Contact us today:
If any of these opportunities speak to you or you have questions regarding how to get involved please reach out to:
519-772-8787 x 204